Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Time I Visited - Taipei, Taiwan




I visited Taiwan back in 2012, with my parents. 2012, that's 3 years ago plus with my bad memory, I couldn't possibly recount all the things we did within our stay. But here are some of the photos from that trip.


Of course we had to walk around the area where we were staying at.


Those two people are my parents. Well, their back side that is. They booked us a day tour, so that meant a day of going to different museums, temples and all those cultural sights that my parents love. Don't get me wrong, I love those too but my parents love it on a whole another level. My dad's a real culture nerd, so every time we go on holidays and we get book a tour he'll be that one guy in the group tour that listens intently and asks questions to the tour guide. It's so funny!




We were lucky we got to witness the changing of the guards. I admire those people who do that type of thing, it takes real patience and strength to stand still (and of course protect the temple or sacred place) for hours.


And we couldn't not go see Taipei 101 - One of the world's tallest buildings! It was beautiful especially when lit up at night. 



People are allowed to go upto the 88th and 89th floor and the view from above was worth it.




It's such a shame I didn't take that much photos in this trip, or good ones at least. Definitely gonna come back to Taiwan and try their nightlife! Something I can't do when I travel with my parents aka partypooper, kidding! :)



xo Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment