Halong Bay. Definitely a must to check out when you visit Vietnam. It's the most inquired and most popular tour. We opted for the 3 days, 2 nights tour (middle class type tour) during the 31st of December until the 2nd of January. We paid about 110 US dollars, which covers all expenses inclusive of food.
First stop is we went through the cave, it was dark so I couldn't take much photos.
After that we went kayaking, which was so fun! Unfortunately the photos my friend took with her waterproof camera got corrupted.
For the first night we slept in the boat and we welcomed the new year in the deck with the other tourists.
The next day, January 1st, we head to Cat Ba Island and did some trekking. It was so tiring and definitely one of the harder treks I've done but the view was definitely worth it.
Cat Ba island was amazing! Definitely different from Hanoi. There were less people and even less motorcycles. I tried to ride a motorcycle for the first time, it was so scary because Cat Ba is full of hills so learning to ride the motorcycles going up and down steep hills was such a challenge. But I want to point out that Cat Ba is really amazing and so peaceful.
So glad I got to visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Halong Bay and Cat Ba is definitely worth a visit!
xo Michelle









No comments:
Post a Comment